Manual Handling Risk Assessments
Prescribe are the manual handling specialists with extensive knowledge and years of experience in the identification of risks associated with hazardous manual tasks.
We understand that engaging your workforce throughout the process is crucial, as they often have valuable information and insight that is only gained through years of experience in your workplace.
We will work with you through the entire process to control your manual handling risks until they are as low as reasonably practicable, in accordance with the hierarchy of control and your business needs.
Why it Works
- Tasks assessed by subject matter experts
- Practical control solutions
- Workforce engaged and ready for change
- Easily compare risk before and after to justify cost
- Risks not identified
- Workers not involved
- Complex reports with no real world application
- High cost solutions become a barrier to implementation
- No action or commitment from management
You should complete a musculoskeletal risk assessment for any manual tasks that you have identified as being hazardous, unless the risk is well known and you know how to control it. The risk should be assessed if it is a new task or the task has now changed.
Regulation 60 of the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011 specifies that a PCBU must manage risks to health and safety relating to a musculoskeletal disorder associated with a hazardous manual task.